HR Business Partner
HCM Unlocked’s difference is our people. Our strong culture thrives on trusting and empowering our consultants to be autonomous and nimble with their clients. Our goal is to enable clients to obtain the most from their Payroll/HR technology.
The HR Business Partner will be a “client-side” resource responsible for various Human Resources functions on behalf of our clients. This includes administrative functions, recruiting and onboarding, workers’ compensation, safety team planning, and benefits administration.
This is a fully remote role but we are looking for someone in the Pacific time zone to work with clients on the West Coast.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Oversee recruitment process by posting requisitions, identifying candidates, conducting background screenings, and issuing offer letters
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver exceptional new hire experience
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, and all other employee relations matters, and resolve any issues that may arise with efficient problem-solving
- Reinforce company policies, rules, and procedures to ensure employee safety
- Assist in development and implementation of HR policies and procedures including maintenance of Employee Handbook
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and/or paper format including benefits and attendance records
- Utilize HRIS software to manage employee recordkeeping, status changes, benefits, leaves and absence administration
- Administering leave programs, keeping on top of paperwork, and complying with all government regulations
- Support benefits and retirement programs administration to encompass new hire enrollment, open enrollment, COBRA administration, fielding employee inquiries and administering employee perks
- Respond to various information requests from governmental agencies, such as unemployment, in a timely manner
- Ownership of performance management process including new hire reviews, discipline, and mid-year/full-year appraisals depending on client needs
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies/procedures as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- Thorough knowledge of HR principles and federal/local regulations
- Proficiency with ADP WFN, Paylocity, Paycor or UltiPro software; payroll processing experience within these systems preferred
- SHRM or PHR certification preferred
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to remain calm while working under pressure in a busy environment
- Ability to work within the timeframe of standard policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality related to sensitive company and employee information
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize in a busy, fast-growth environment
- Exhibit extraordinary discretion, confidentiality, flexibility, and willingness to work closely with our team
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential
- Bilingual a plus
Our Commitment To An Inclusive Workplace
HCM Unlocked is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
HCM Unlocked participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Location: United States (Remote)
Unlock the full potential of your HCM technology with expert Consulting and Managed Services