Vice President of Human Resources
Reporting to the Chief Legal and Operational Officer, this role has executive level responsibility for the Human Resources function and has the primary responsibility to lead corporate strategic and tactical HR initiatives for the Company. The VP, HR plays an integral role in the development (with ultimate approval authority) of strategic organization goals related to the HR function; evaluates the effectiveness of management practices, processes and activities; and works collaboratively with direct reports to deliver on strategic and operational goals and cross functional collaboration.
The VP, HR is a strategic partner within the Executive Team and helps develop and drive policies and contribute towards making decisions that support our Members and culture and ensure that initiatives and operations are in alignment with the strategic direction of the Company. The VP, HR will be responsible for forging relationships across the Company that eliminates and prevents silos, build high performing teams, and will be successful at getting cross- functional synergies to take place.
The VP, HR oversees all aspects of human resource management for PPLSI and is responsible for building critical relationships with other leadership to facilitate the integration of human resources services and best practices across the Company. The VP, HR provides strategic leadership and direction in the areas of employee relations, training and development, succession planning, staffing and diversity, compensation and benefits, performance management, human resources operations and processes, HRIS management, and legal compliance.
As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the VP, HR is responsible for providing professional advice to all PPLSI management and for making a major contribution to the successful running of PPLSI in strategic as well as operational matters and ensuring that corporate strategies are Member focused.
This role provides overall direction and guidance to the human resources department staff and ensures that all HR programs and initiatives are integrated and effective in supporting the Company’s Mission, Vision, and Strategic Objectives.
- Build positive relationships across the Company that foster trust and ensure that PPLSI Leadership is viewed as credible.
- As needed, represent PPLSI at various forums and external organizations and ensure message is in alignment with PPLSI’s core principles, regulatory, legislative, and overall communication strategies.
- Influence and gain buy-in from others, e.g. manager, peers, subordinates, etc. through clear articulation of persuasive reasoning without escalation of emotions.
- Active participation in the Internal Risk Management and Compliance Committee (IRMC) to mitigate PPLSI’s significant risks, which may include, but is not limited to, business, market, ethical, legal or regulatory compliance exposure.
- Drive results, including financial/rate results, while promoting teamwork and ensuring appropriate processes are followed.
- Promote and enforces a culture of compliance with compliance programs, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the development of and successful implementation of company policies and processes.
- Active ownership, participation and promotion of PPLSI’s enterprise strategy development and execution
- Develop and implement, through direct reports or self, department strategies that are in alignment with the Company’s strategies.
- Foster an environment through own actions and coaching that ensures that all views are considered and robust conversations take place but once a path forward is determined, all are committed to it.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and actions are in alignment with PPLSI’s Operating Principles.
- Adopts and effectively leverages available technology resources at PPLSI
- Responsible for a full range of people management activities including but not limited to attracting, selecting, motivating, engaging, developing, evaluating, and retaining people in an effort to ensure a high-performance culture.
- Provide ongoing coaching to employees and redirection of priorities as needed.
- Use the PPLSI performance management process, provide bi-annual, formal performance feedback to employees that is both objective and specific and clearly articulates the justification for ratings.
- Engage the HR team at appropriate times to ensure that disciplinary actions are consistent with HR policies and conversations are documented in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Engage functional employees by presenting a compelling case for ideas and initiatives that support a clearly articulated strategy.
- Promote cross-functional collaboration that prevents and eliminates organization silos through teamwork, leveraging differences and facilitating the effective interaction and contribution of others to achieve goals.
- Influence and inspire commitment from employees across the Company by supporting and articulating PPLSI’s Mission/Vision, Values, Strategic Objectives, and Operating Principles.
- Balance supporting department employees with challenging potential biases to ensure that the best outcomes for the whole Company are achieved.
- Has ultimate responsibility for ensuring that conflict either within functional teams or across departments is brought to the surface, discussed, and managed effectively.
- Through personal behaviors and actions, foster a workplace culture and climate that is respectful, inclusive, and collaborative, Member focused and is in alignment with PPLSI’s Operating Principals.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits strategies aligned with and supportive of the Company’s business strategy, goals, objectives and culture and provides motivation, incentives and rewards for effective employee performance.
- Foster a culture of safety by establishing systems and processes designed to reduce or eliminate risks of workplace injuries and/or illness to employees.
- Formulate and implement human resources strategy and objectives for the Company that are in alignment with the Company’s overall strategy.
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to identify opportunities for improvement in human resources’ functions.
HR Processes And Infrastructure
- In conjunction with PPLSI’s General Counsel’s office, keep current of laws and regulations governing employment practices, benefits, affirmative action, wage and hour, and employee health and safety and review and implement mandatory legal and policy changes.
- Analyze and assess sensitive employee relations issues and make recommendations that mitigate any risk for PPLSI.
- Continually monitor the performance management system to ensure effectiveness in establishing clear performance expectations, providing ongoing feedback and coaching, and linking performance to rewards. Also ensure the performance management system is in alignment with strategic goals and objectives.
- Provide innovative, responsive, fair, and consistent recruitment and selection services to departments, employees, and job applicants to ensure PPLSI employs a qualified and diverse workforce.
- Prepare realistic budget requirements for PPLSI HR operations and track to the budget.
- In conjunction with the CIO, select functionally specific technology that enhances the productivity of the Company and allows PPLSI to more effectively and efficiently manage their human resources.
- Ensure that the PPLSI Compensation Program is implemented in alignment with the Board approved Compensation Philosophy and that it is administered in a fair and consistent manner
- Ensure through self or others that HR Services provided to Members are delivered in the utmost professional manner and add clear value for our Members
- Develop and lead strategic learning and organizational development programs for the Company that support PPLSI’s strategy and build department and individuals’ capability to provide excellent service to our Members
- Develop and implement programs and initiatives that support the culture as defined by the Operating Principles.
- Develop and lead change management initiatives that will enable PPLSI leaders and teams to implement change in a manner that achieves desired results while appropriately managing the human and organization dynamics associated with change.
- Develop human resources planning model to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for filling of gaps.
- Ensure that PPLSI is set up for successful business continuity through Succession Planning.
- Develop and implement through self or others successful Leadership Development programs that increase leadership capability throughout the Company.
- Develop and implement programs and initiatives that show a commitment to measuring and increasing Employee Engagement across the Company
- Manage employee communications to ensure
- Communications are managed in an effort to reduce negative reactions
- Ensure appropriate transparency exists.
- PPLSI is effectively communicating key policy and practices so that they are understood by employees
Complexity Of Problems
- The VP, HR must possess the ability to think strategically but act tactically and succeed at both levels.
- Develop an HR infrastructure that supports the Companys strategy.
- Deal effectively with complex and sensitive employee relations issues.
- Accurately diagnose organizational issues and develop and implement solutions.
Internal and External Contacts
- Internal contacts will include participation as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, Managers and Employees, as well as Focus Groups.
- Considerable contact with the Board of Directors and Member employees, managers and Board of Directors.
- The VP, HR is also responsible for managing vendor relationships related to human resources.
- Develop core external network to share ideas, seek proven solutions and develop relationships with peers.
Education, Knowledge, And Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, HR Management, or other related field; Master’s Degree is desirable.
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience including 5+ in a leadership capacity.
- Strong business acumen; a business leader who specializes in HR.
- Strong design, planning and execution capabilities.
- Outstanding emotional intelligence.
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
- Pragmatic and adaptive; leverages past programs and experience but adapts to fit current situation.
- Inspires credibility and trust at all levels of the organization.
- Able to translate business strategy to people strategies and HR actions.
- Able to effectively influence at all levels.
- Takes initiative, and ensures alignment and transparency with leader, team, and/or business partner.
- Strong systems thinking skills – applied to HR programs and practices, as well as diagnosis and intervention.
Working Conditions: Remote position within Oklahoma or Denver, Colorado
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Department: 9351 Human Resources
- Time Type: Full time
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PPLSI conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any concerns, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any concerns or otherwise oppose discrimination.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at: email@example.com.
Location: United States (Remote)
Justice, Equality & Security for all