At Nielsen, we believe that career growth is a partnership. You ultimately own, fuel and set the journey. By joining our team of nearly 14,000 associates, you will become part of a community that will help you to succeed. We champion you because when you succeed, we do too. Embark on a new initiative, explore a fresh approach, and take license to think big, so we can all continuously improve. We enable your best to power our future.
At Nielsen, we take the time to design a workplace that puts our People at the center of how we work and operate. Our Enterprise Human Resources Business Partners (EHRBP) teams are curators of culture and ambassadors for diversity, inclusion, and belonging - where everyone feels valued and can bring their best selves to work. From day one, we provide our employees with the tools and resources to be successful and have pride in delivering best-in-class People processes throughout every step of the employee lifecycle. We also take pride in continuously empowering leaders at all levels so they can deliver outstanding opportunities to everyone on their teams to contribute.
The EHRBP serves as the HR Partner for a country supporting Nielsen’s Audience Measurement population. The EHRBP will provide operational guidance on all areas of HR support in the country and will ensure best in class HR practices as designed by our COEs are deployed to the country and adjusted where necessary. The EHRBP will be accountable for compliance with all employment laws and regulations in the region and will also partner with the Global HRBP team to provide input and align People actions with the larger Business Unit-specific talent strategies.
What You'll Do
- Particular emphasis is on the delivery of HR activity where region, country, or local context is required.
- Interfaces with Global HRBP teams to:
- Provide input on Talent conversations and processes.
- Give visibility to talent needs in the country.
- Ensure continuity in career and development plans for high-potential employees.
- And to provide any other insight that may be helpful or necessary for the Global EHRBP holistic view of their organizations.
- Accountability for local deployment & delivery of HR processes, projects, and change programs as determined at a Corporate/business/functional level.
- Including policy and procedural compliance across the area and responsibility for Diversity & Inclusion deployment, monitoring, and compliance.
- Advise, guide, and coach line managers on their HR responsibilities, management behaviors and team management areas.
- Drive the effectiveness of the HR delivery model, ensuring consistency and optimization of HR processes and approach across countries or location (where possible).
- Guide local leaders and line managers to obtain support from the right areas.
- Utilizing resources at a country or site level to ensure effective use of team resources.
- Maintaining strong partnerships with all key stakeholders in the HR model to enable integrated HR Service delivery.
- Ensure accurate data management on all organizational changes and comply with approval & notification procedures.
- Provide effective employee relations and a positive working climate locally, closely working with work councils and employee representative groups, line management and liaising with the ER Leader, where necessary.
- Work with line managers to ensure effective application of agreed working practices and arrangements.(e.g.: Working Hours)
- Ensure Information and consultation processes are followed.
- Support collective negotiations where appropriate.
- Be a champion for employee advocacy and engagement, acting on issues and informing the broader agenda.
- Manage local components of projects and wider change programs.
- Implement site-level organizational change / redesign.
- Support wider business /corporate and HR change programs.
- Identify gaps and improvements in local HR service provision in line with HR strategy, suggesting initiatives for the local agenda where appropriate.
- Manage local projects aligned to HR Business Operations priorities as required.
- Interface with COEs (Talent Acquisition, Compensation & Benefits, Talent, Engagement & Development,and DE&I) to ensure a consistent approach to Nielsen’s Employment Value Proposition, Culture, Leadership, and Engagement initiatives across the Region.
- Identifies, designs, and delivers country-specific in the areas of onboarding, employee relations, total rewards, benefits, compensation, Learning, engagement and internal communications.
- Direct and guide line-managers and associates to appropriate learning solutions; providing inputs to Talent Strategist and TED COE Work closely with Country EHRBP Leader and other HR Leads to identify, streamline & provide effective & optimized HR services.
- Partner with the local Corporate Functions (Finance, Legal, Integrity, Real Estate) to ensure integration of HR operations and policies into the larger regional and country-specific operational needs, such as budgets, compliance and regulatory requirements, and so on.
- Ensures all practices adhere to the utmost integrity and compliance in all regulatory matters.
- Support the smooth integration of new acquisitions.
- Host Local Alumni Activities
- Crisis Management
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, or legal field
- Broad knowledge of the HR best practices across Employee Relations, Reward, Resourcing, Development, and Employment Law.
- 5 years of Human Resources experience across different aspects of the HR function for large and/or Multinational Companies
- At least 3 years of experience in a generalist capacity providing support across a variety of HR sub-functions to a distributed group.
- Knowledge of country employment laws, regulations, procedures, and HR issues.
- Experience in managing ER issues.
- Broad change management skill set, combined with the ability to apply project management principles to deliver and support organizational change.
- Well-developed customer and relationship management skills, including credibility and influencing skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to partner with other members of the XX (country) leadership and find common ground to deliver an exceptional employee experience
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in controversial and/or confrontational situations, as well as handle multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to build a positive employee relations climate, advocate for employees, and maintain objectivity, even under pressure from other stakeholders.
- Process-driven and methodical in approach to implementing programs & HR solutions.
- Ability to construct an informed opinion and point of view
- Able to exercise sound judgment and discretion in matters of significance to the organization.
- Experience and knowledge in managing HR activities and resources; balancing conflicting priorities, and handling ambiguities.
- Fluent in English; bilingual a plus
- Union experience desired but not required
$50,000 - $185,000 a year
Nielsen: Enabling your best to power a better media future. Our comprehensive benefits package (including health & wellness plans, 401(k) retirement coupled with a Nielsen match, a generous paid time off policy, company provided car for those who qualify, and if eligible, a discretionary incentive/bonus) is designed to be inclusive for all employees and families, and we take pride in ensuring that employees are rewarded holistically for the role they are doing and their performance.
A reasonable estimate of salary range for a new employee to be offered this role would be $50,000 - $185,000 which would be adjusted based on each employee's geographic location. The position of each employee within a compensation range at Nielsen is dependent on several individual circumstances, such as experience, training, certifications and other business requirements/needs.
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Location: United States (remote)
Powering a better media future for all people.