Manager, Talent Development & Training Operations
For 100 years, Hillel has been the world’s largest and most inclusive Jewish campus organization, supporting and inspiring more than 150,000 Jewish students at 850 colleges and universities each year. What drives this work? Our people!
We are looking for a Manager of Talent Development & Training Operations to promote the professional development of our incredible team of 1,200+ professionals worldwide committed to pluralistic Jewish life on campus. Come help us shape the Jewish future at Hillel!
Hillel is committed to ensuring that every one of our professionals has access to career growth and development and continuing education. Through Hillel U, Hillel International’s comprehensive professional development program, we aim to enrich Hillel’s 1,200+ professionals so that they can reach every student with excellence. We are looking for a Manager of Talent Development and Training (Hillel U) Operations to support the design, implementation, and evaluation of training and development programs to enhance the knowledge, skills, and performance of our professionals across Hillel. This position works closely with many stakeholders to identify talent development and training needs, create learning strategies, partner in developing training materials, and help facilitate training sessions. Additionally, this role develops assessment tools to measure the effectiveness of talent development and training initiatives and makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to educate, engage, and empower Hillel professionals on their professional development journey. Join our dynamic, fast paced, growth-oriented team with the opportunity to educate, engage, and empower Hillel professionals on their professional development journey every day.
What You Will Do
- In partnership with and with the support of the Senior Director of Talent Development & Training (Hillel U), ensure our Hillel U strategy is fulfilled through the creation of engaging and relevant professional development offerings
- Coordinate internal existing training resources to deliver training initiatives with a global level of consistency
- Consistently track and assess the success of the Hillel U programs
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners to help create and refine talent development experiences for Hillel professionals
- Actively participate in projects focused on aligning learning and development solutions with organizational priorities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partners in the creation and development of various learning programs and training experiences, to help Hillel professionals develop the capabilities and knowledge needed to grow at Hillel
- Use critical thinking skills to identify, research, conduct data analysis, and recommend solutions to advance our Talent Development efforts
- Lead the operations of the systems and the learning technology platform that support the success of Hillel U
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Hillel professionals who want guidance and help engaging with Hillel University offerings and resources
- Provide operational, technical, and administrative support to ensure seamless execution of a variety of talent development initiatives, both in-person and virtual
- Stay abreast of the latest developments in Talent Development & Training trends, changes in learning theory, and developments in learning technologies
- You are inspired by the idea of magnifying the ripples of Hillel’s mission and impact through supporting the development and delivery of excellent professional development opportunities;
- You have a passion for adult learning and professional development;
- You thrive when juggling multiple projects and can thoughtfully prioritize multiple important tasks;
- You are organized in project management and pay incredible attention to details;
- You have a bias for action and a “can-do” attitude;
- You are highly collaborative and a great team player;
- You are excited to take the lead on owning, driving and implementing whole projects, and you are delighted to provide high-level, proactive operations support to colleagues;
- You have a love of customer service;
- You approach problems with curiosity, resilience and the ability to find new well-thought out approaches to challenges that come your way;
- You have excellent communication and influencing skills to communicate effectively and credibly, both verbally and in writing, with audiences at all management levels
- You are able to work autonomously and effectively in a fast-paced, complex, and matrixed virtual environment
- You have the ability to manage ambiguity across multiple priorities and to know when to escalate issues for final resolution
- You have a B.A. and 5+ years of work experience and bonus if you have experience with adult learning, online/blended learning, learning management systems, and/or executing top-notch professional/leadership development programs.
What You Will Receive
- Knowledge that your work will create positive ripple effects in the lives of Hillel professionals and the thousands of students they touch;
- Lots of professional development and skill building opportunities;
- A fun job with room to create and grow yourself, too;
- Amazing, smart, dedicated, fun colleagues on the Organizational Learning & Talent Development team for Hillel International, and across the Hillel movement;
- Flexible work hours and location. Please note that in order to be considered, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States. While we fully support remote work, we do require employees to be based in the United States.
- Periodic travel to conferences, campuses, and communities.
- A comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off for Jewish and federal holidays, an informal “take what you need” vacation policy.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $60,000-$65,000.
Hiring Process And Timeline
- Applications will close on September 20
- The formal interview process will begin on September 26 and end by Oct 13
- We hope to have someone in place by the end of October
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.
Location: United States (remote)
Hillel International is the world's largest and most inclusive Jewish campus organization, est. 1923.