Head of Talent
Thesis is a cryptocurrency venture studio whose mission is to empower the individual. We seek, fund, and build products and protocols in cryptocurrency and decentralized businesses that enable personal empowerment. Our projects include Keep (now Threshold) Network, a privacy protocol for public blockchains, Fold, for earning Bitcoin on your purchases in the physical and virtual worlds, Taho, a community owned and operated cryptocurrency wallet, and Embody, a fully encrypted period tracking app. Investors in the company include Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and Draper Associates, among others. We are a remote-first company, led by founders who have been operating in the cryptocurrency and web3 space since 2014.
About The Role
The Head of Talent for Thesis should be experienced within the web3/crypto ecosystem, know the niches where web3/crypto talent can be found, and thrives in managing those relationships. The Head of Talent will collaborate internally with hiring managers on driving hiring processes to completion across projects, and will collaborate with cross-functional leads to build & maintain a sustainable internal talent pool for all Thesis portfolio projects & internal teams.
Experience as a recruiter or in a talent role in web3/crypto is preferred, however experience sourcing & managing relationships in the web3 ecosystem is the only requirement for this role. We are open to Business Development, Community, or Developer Relations backgrounds, as long as you bring a web3 rolodex and excel in building & maintaining relationships.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement effective talent acquisition strategies — work closely with leadership to understand hiring needs as they evolve and design comprehensive strategies to attract, engage, and retain top talent
- Source and manage candidate relationships, especially within the web3/cryptocurrency ecosystem and in venues where web3 talent gathers
- Maintain and strengthen our candidate database, ensuring it is up-to-date with a diverse pool of qualified candidates
- Be the public face of Thesis’s talent brand at relevant external events, conferences, online presences, etc.
Own the hiring process, including:
- Partner with Hiring Managers to drive end to end hiring processes from sourcing to fully executed offers, then handoff new hires to the Studio Operations team for onboarding
- Support Hiring Managers new to the process — providing prompt & frequent touch-points to candidates, effectively communicating roles and responsibilities, comp packages, etc.
- Measure and optimize talent funnel statistics
- Work with the VP of Marketing to build Thesis’s talent brand externally to attract top talent
- Ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the hiring the hiring process, representing our company culture, values, and professional opportunities
- Internal talent management & process strengthening
- Collaborate with project and vertical leads to build an internal talent pool. Work with the VP of Finance and Director of Operations on company inter-project headcount projections and staffing plans across projects and verticals.
- Track employee engagement metrics, and work with Studio Ops team to implement initiatives to foster a positive and engaging work environment
- Surface, document, and disseminate best practices for funnels, interview tactics, candidate case studies across hiring processes, implementing process improvements as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in very early stage 0-1 startup environments
- Experience with remote, async, geo-distributed workplaces
- Experience sourcing talent & relationships within the web3/cryptocurrency ecosystem
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and recruiting software
- Experience developing and maintaining relationship management funnels (i.e. talent funnels OR biz dev)
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work independently with a high level of ownership
- Capability to interpret data from internal and external sources and predict trends
- Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
- An interest in staying updated on crypto industry trends and changes
Ideally You’ll Have:
- Run talent for a web3 startup or venture fund
- Been the talent machine behind venture-scale startups
- Been a technical recruiter for early stage startups
- Managed a team and/or hired a team
Location: All Thesis roles are remote first, with a preference for Europe & Americas time zones.
Benefits: At Thesis, we work in a fun, fast-paced environment that operates by collaborating both remotely and in person when we can. We offer a competitive salary, full health benefits, opportunity for equity and a number of other perks.
Location: United States (remote)
Join the movement. Decentralization. Sovereignty. Privacy. Freedom. That is the Thesis mission.