Employee Relations Generalist
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We've been changing the game since 2013, and we're not taking our foot off the gas now.
About The Team And Position
Carvana is looking for a dynamic Employee Relations Generalist with an insatiable desire to create a fun and fulfilling work environment through the avenue of People Operations. You will drive and develop people policies and procedures across Carvana. Working closely with our Legal, Safety and HR Operations Teams, you will seek to understand our ever-changing workforce and the legal landscape. When questions, concerns, or changes arise, you will provide expert interpretation and consultation to all stakeholders, keeping Carvana compliant and safe.
This position primarily supports our Central Region and sits remotely, but is required to be based in one of the following states: OK, TX, KS, AR, LA, MO, OH, IN, or TN.
What you'll be doing:
- Serve as a resource to internal customers about employment law, best practices, and policies.
- Stay abreast and proactively ahead of new laws related to employment and people practices.
- Conduct investigations in response to a range of employee relations concerns, including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, workplace violence, and other violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Communicate regularly regarding pending investigations and provide timely investigation reports with supporting documentation for all completed investigations.
- Use effective interviewing and documentation techniques and utilize the designated case management tool for tracking.
- Organize, execute, and occasionally facilitate required trainings, as business needs dictate.
- Develop effective relationships with POPs Partners to promote positive employee relations throughout the organization to ensure a high level of employee satisfaction and engagement.
- Partner with the Legal team and POPs team in conducting investigations to provide counsel and facilitate prompt and effective resolution of workplace concerns.
- Create and update HR policies and procedures that pertain to employee relations; conduct training on compliance with policies and procedures.
- Analyze employee relations trends with POPs Partners and help develop proactive strategies, solutions, programs and policies.
- Respond to inquiries to the general HR inbox and Integrity Line, providing timely and appropriate assistance/resolution.
- Partner closely with other People Operations teams on related projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should know/have:
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in HR, Business, Psychology or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience as an HR Generalist or managing workplace investigations.
- Deep understanding of employment law and employee relations.
- Exposure to labor relations or a union environment (preferred but not required).
- Broad understanding of internal and external HR principles and concepts.
- Comfortable and confident working in ambiguity with limited precedence and direction.
- Excellent communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator, at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to execute the highest level of confidentiality and respect to private information.
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines in a fast-paced and constantly shifting work environment.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional situations.
- Enthusiasm to provide above-and-beyond customer service in every manager and employee interaction
What We'll Offer In Return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
- To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Of course, we'll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- Legal stuff
- Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Location: United States (remote)
Meet our thousands of happy employees and explore our exciting experiences. At Carvana, We'll Drive You Happy™.