Senior Director of Total Rewards
Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. In the process, we're transforming the workplace experience through the power of transparency and further cementing ourselves as the worldwide leader in employer branding and insights. By choosing a career at Glassdoor, you'll be directly contributing toward our vision for a world where transparency empowers the workforce and motivates companies to become better employers.
Please note: This role may be open to remote hiring. Our office locations are in San Francisco, CA; Chicago, IL; London, UK; and Dublin, Ireland.
About The Role
Glassdoor is looking for a Senior Director of Total Rewards to join our People Team. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference at the ground level of a global tech company. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this key position will be responsible for the strategy and operational excellence of all compensation and benefits at Glassdoor. The ideal person will be a team player with a strategic mindset who is also able to execute as needed and will bring extensive compensation and benefits experience to a company that prioritizes radical transparency.
What You'll Do
- Contribute best practices to continually improve the Glassdoor compensation philosophy & job architecture.
- Ensure operational excellence in all aspects of our Total Rewards work, including compensation data integrity and the creation of seamless internal customer experiences.
- Create, manage and administer innovative, compelling total rewards programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Establish, build and maintain strong relationships with leaders across the company to ensure that all total rewards programs support the organization's strategic objectives.
- Partner with other G&A teams including Finance, Payroll, Legal, Stock Administration, and Sales Compensation to develop and efficiently deliver comprehensive programs.
- Work closely with People Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, and key business leaders on compensation for new hires, promotions,and on-going job leveling, allowing for dynamic changes as the market demands.
- Lead the annual benefits renewal and open global enrollment cycles including market analysis, plan design, cost modeling, stakeholder management, communication and system configuration.
- Lead the team through regular benchmarking to analyze market data, industry trends, and best practices to create market competitive reward packages.
- Own relationships with outside vendors and consultants to assist in benchmarking, analysis and plan design recommendations.
- Partner with Learning and Development to build education and training for managers and employees on salary transparency and Total Rewards
What You'll Bring
- A commitment to add to our culture of DEI
- 8+ years' experience in total rewards including compensation and benefits
- Deep knowledge of Workday required and its role in advanced compensation planning
- Proven experience creating and managing innovative, compelling compensation and total rewards programs in a fast-paced environment; skilled at interpreting business needs and making decisions based on emerging priorities
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate data and trends into key insights and recommendations; financial prowess and ability to build and manage budgets, build predictive and projective models, full understanding of equity practices, accounting and taxation, etc.
- Proven ability to track, prioritize and drive to success multiple concurrent projects; demonstrated expertise as an executor, with strong operational background
- Excellent change management skills and stakeholder engagement
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence all levels of an organization on key compensation and benefits topics while modeling our value of transparency with our employee population.
- Champion for operational excellence and process simplification, bringing strong process mapping and documentation skills
- Ability and desire to work strategically as well as hands-on
- Desirable, not required familiarity with compensation and benefits in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland
- Expertise in Excel
Compensation & Benefits
- Base Salary Range*: $217,360 - $271,700
- You can learn more about our compensation philosophy here and see salary ranges for all Glassdoor jobs here.
- Glassdoor base salaries are targeted to the market 75th percentile for technical roles and the 65th percentile for non-technical roles. In other words, 65-75% of comparable organizations in our industry will pay less.
- Annual Bonus Target: 25%
- Bonuses are paid in 6-month intervals, aligning with bi-annual performance reviews
- Generous Restricted Stock Units (RSU):
- Restricted Stock Units (RSU) are awarded at hire and may be refreshed annually. Additionally, as a pay-for-performance company, RSU grant awards are presented bi-annually to exceptional performers.
- Health and Wellness: 100% employer-paid premiums for employee medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability, select well-being programs, and 80% employer-paid premiums for all dependents.* Generous paid time off programs for birthing and non-birthing parents are provided, along with paid injury/illness leave and paid family emergency leave.
- Coverage begins at the start of employment. After 48 months of continuous employment, 100% of all premiums for you and your dependents can be employer-paid!
- Work/Life Balance: Open Paid Time Off policy, in addition to 15-20 paid company holidays/year
- Investing in Your Future: 401(k) plan with a company match up to $5,000 per year, subsidized fertility and family planning services, and discounted legal assistance services.
Our Company Values And Commitments
Transparency: We are open and honest. We share information – the good and the bad – so we can continuously learn, collaborate and make the right decisions. Pay bands, our compensation philosophy, and employee feedback polls are shared publicly.
Innovation: We actively pursue new and different ways to further Glassdoor's mission. We forge our own path by challenging the status quo. The ultimate goal is not just to change how we operate at Glassdoor, but for every employer to follow our lead!
Good People: We work together with integrity, respect and compassion for one another. We have fun together! We are inclusive, fair and humble while remaining confident. We do the right thing, period.
Grit: We are resilient, inventive and fearless. We see challenges as opportunities. With passion and courage, we come together to get the job done.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are dedicated to building a company that is more diverse and representative of society at large. Glassdoor externally publishes our Diversity & Inclusion report and information about our employee population to hold ourselves accountable to our dedication. We also provide programs and resources to build a greater sense of belonging for our employees.
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to creating a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
Location: United States (remote)
Making work better through real conversation.